They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Friday, August 6, 2010

Teardrops on Rooftops

We hear teardrops on the rooftops, all dancing in the rain.
But they'll be no umbrella for this fellow or his darling dame.

Who's afraid to get a little wet? Well it's neither of us.
We're all about the dance and not so much about the fuss.

The gentle pitter patter of the drops upon our heads,
they water us like were royalty of some spectacular flower beds.

We've been know to bring a smile every where we go,
with silliness and laughter as our favorite moods to show.

My Prince and I, we happily sigh with every blessed day,
we get the chance to laugh and dance and maybe even play.

On my own I also roam in search of smiling eyes to see,
I'll find you on some busy street and get you to laugh with me.

So if you see me, sans my man, sneak up with film and flash,
rain or shine, please smile at me, I'll be out of your face in a dash.

But not until I find a way to coerce a giggle or two,
I'm all about the silly stuff, it's simply what I do.


~~~~~~~~

Inspired by the following twitter conversation:

@Greetums : I love the sweet sound of the rain. #peace

@grnladybug (me) : teardrops on the rooftop dancing in the rain

Since the fabulous Kat Cavery of Greetums will be celebrating a milestone birthday on August 7th and since she has been such a pleasure to get to know on twitter, I thought I'd write her a special poem as a birthday gift and let her know how special she is. Please click on the Greetums link above to see her online e-cards and other fun at her site. Maybe even send her a birthday e-card from her own site for her birthday, eh?!




Happy Early Birthday Kat!!!