Random. Like me. Sometimes silly.
Other times Smart. Sometimes I'm a lady.
Sometimes . . . Not so much.
I've been know to cuss.
And when you least expect it, I'll let out a fart. Nonetheless . . .
I'm most known for my heart.
a lover of hugs. oh, yes.
And ladybugs . . .
Now, tell me about . . . .
10.20.11 Created from a Prompt at dVerse Poets Pub -
They call me Alaurilee
- Serving Hugs on a Platter and Tears in a Teacup
- I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~
Friday, October 21, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
I don’t know what to write about
but write I’ll do the same.
It’s time I wrote a poem or two
but nothing calls out by name.
Then that’s what I’ll write about,
nothing and nothing more.
Time to honor nothingness,
and the wisdom behind its door.
Enter gently into this dark night
of not a thing to be or see,
where nothing lies beyond the bend
to suddenly frighten or hinder me.
Nothing to take away my light
or brighten my darkest day,
nothing to tease and taunt me
then just as suddenly go away.
So nothingness, I salute you
for letting me simply be—
no more, no less, under duress
and undefined by destiny.
The ever sweet and kind blogger and fabulous poet Carrie Burtt of Hope Whispers was kind enough to give me The Versatile Blogger Award on her blog.
I'm not as active as some of you but when I do blog my poetry I truly appreciate those who stop by, read and comment. I truly value every interaction I'm granted in the blogosphere. Modern technology can be a beautiful blessing. Its brought so many wonderful people into my life and me into theirs. :)
Thank you for this award Carrie! :)
The rules of this award are:
1. Thank the person that gave you this award, and link back to his/her blog.
2. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them about the nomination. (I'm doing 5 - such a rule breaker! )
3. Finally, tell readers 7 things about yourself.
My Nominations are:
Hope Whispers The blog title speaks it all!! Such an amazing person.
Poets United A place for poetry prompts! I love this place! Robert Lloyd and many fabulous poets.
dVerse Poets Pub I stumbled upon this wonderful place for Poets and Open Link Night! Its a Poetic Pub! Love it!
Writing Vice Versa A new writing prompt place for contradictory word prompts by Robert Lloyd!
Heather-N-Company One of the sweetest redheads I've ever know! I love this lady!
7 Random Things about me!
- I rolled a car once....it was a race-car! I was 19 and racing on an oval dirt track in NM. I would not want to be in a roll over without a 5 point harness, a helmet and a fire retardant race suit!
- I have 8 tattoo's. Got my first when I was about 30. Each one means something. They help me express myself. Visual poetry on my skin. My biggest is a portrait of my father who passed away in 2009 at 59 years young.
- I have only one mother but many women I love like a mother. :)
- My great-grandfather Frank DoBell was instrumental in the discovery and art of polishing Petrified Wood.
- Another Great Grandfather was said to have taken care of The James Brothers (Jesse James) horses in Kansas during their time.
- I am a published poet! Alaurilee: Rhymes of a Random Soul!
- I am a proud Mamaw (yes, I'm 40 and a Mamaw. I love it!) to 3 grand-babies. I love being a grandma!
Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, October 17, 2011
Perilous in your tranquility?
How totally absurd!
The two cannot exist as one,
I don't care what you've heard!
One means this and one means that,
and together they mean even less.
Put the two together as one,
and soon you'll define yourself into a mess.
This becomes that, and that becomes this,
and nothing makes any sense anymore.
Anxieties breed and confusions then lead
whats left of your sanity right out that door.
Secure in nothing and numb to it all,
obsessive emotions paralyzing your flow.
Keep playing tricks with opposites,
and you'll clearly have nowhere to go.
Prompted by a post at Writing Vice Versa 004 -
Using the following 4 words: