They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shinedowns Brent Smith is a good soul

I think I will occasionally post other special moments that arise that touch my heart...

This was a beautiful poetic experience with Shinedown and namely the lead singer.

The Lead singer, Brent Smith of Shinedown is amazing and from my area in Knoxville, TN! I got a chance to talk to him for mere moments before Shinedown took the stage at the Carnival of Madness Tour here in Knoxville recently.

I missed getting his autograph by mere moments...yet I spoke out to him and told him his music (namely "Second Chance" - sometimes good-bye is a second chance) helped me get through losing my dad last year.

Even though the security guard try to keep us apart, Brent made his way to get close to me. I thought to give me an autograph. But to my surprise he reached out and hugged me offering me condolences for my loss. That was so much better than an autograph.

Later on in the show he inspired me even more....first by playing Second Chance near the end. It brought my dad so near to me and for a moment he was rocking out with me to the song in Heaven.

Then, even better...he did a special performance of "Simple Man" and a sweet speech prior to his parents who were in the audience. This song is another special song for me and my 17 year old son Bryan. A year ago I dedicated this song to my... angry, troubled child as a desperate bid to find a way to touch his heart. After a very difficult year and lots of growth on both of our parts, my son and I were in a beautiful place at the concert. My son, Bryan was in a different part of the stands with his friends and girlfriend when the song started playing. I heard it and immediately hit the isle to head towards my boy. Imagine my delight when he came running down an isle at me and jumped in my arms. We held each other and sung with Brent.

This was one of the most magical, human experience I've had with anyone 'famous' in my life. It was soul to soul thing and transcended anything else.

Thank you Brent for touching my life and my sons life in such a wonderful way.

You are a good soul Brent . . .