They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Friday, August 13, 2010

Both Sides of the Coin (Rhymes of a Random Soul Book)

Don’t define how life should be
then live each day accordingly.
From the spirit and the soul,
in your heart, you will know.

Live by both sides of the coin,
for to exist they both must join.
Walk each day in other’s shoes
as everybody pays their dues.

For the many or for the few,
or for us all as we should do.
Don’t forget to stop and think
but also think to stop and drink.

Drink a toast to what may be,
share in some camaraderie.
Listen well and share your thoughts
with the elders and the tots.

Read their history and write your own,
never stop learning even when grown.
Take away color, sex and race
and soon we’ll all round third base.

Good and evil plus heaven and hell,
angels and demons and stories to tell.
Flip the coin and you will see,
then flip it again and you will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that my 1st ever, brand new book "Alaurilee: Rhymes of a Random Soul" is on the market, I wanted to start sharing a few of the poems out of it. This is one of my favorites and I'm sharing this one first due to a brand new twitter friend named @heywho.

His Bio states:
Winning isn't what side happens 2 be up in an endless Coin Flip It's reclaiming your attention, never to play that old game again

I think this poem fits...hope you like it @heywho !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also submitted to: United Poets: Poetry Pantry - Week 3