They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Minds Eyes are Wise

My minds eyes, to my surprise, see so much more than I.
For when I trust my eyes alone, a so called truth, might be a lie.

Behind my eyes, to my surprise, are teardrops full of dreams.
They see much more, than just what is, they see beyond what seems.

These teardrops do not always flow, from out of the edge of my eye.
Sometimes they just hold back real tight, no reason to even ask why.

Teardrops aren't just for the pain, they're for the beauty too.
Those moments of the many tears, and those moments of the few.

These eyes that see, they puzzle me, and make me doubt just what I feel,
but behind these eyes, in the eyes of my mind, I see what is for real.

Inside I see a sharp view, of the many, of the few, and of us all;
because truly, it's about us all, answering that silent, universal call.

Seeing that which can't be seen, and that which can only be felt.
Living your life the best that you can with the cards that you've been dealt.

And to open our inner eyes wide, and to let what we see, sink in to our very soul;
in doing so, you grow, and the eyes of your mind truly see, and the soul begins to glow.

And once a soul glows, its like magic, and has the ability to reach out and embrace;
to grab hold off a heart, to sooth, comfort, and coerce a smile from a mournful face.

Even though we know the bodies eyes might see, listen to what you're minds eye's see.
For this is what is real, to feel, and it sets our hearts, spirits, and ultimately, our souls free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poets United: The Thursday Think Tank - Prompt 10

Prompt: The Eyes

"For I dipped into the future, far as human eye could see,
Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be”
~Lord Alfred Tennyson