They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Note to my Readers.... "Alaurilee: Rhymes of a Random Soul"

First things first I have a big announcement!!! 

My first ever published poetry book will be out soon!

"Alaurilee: Rhymes of a Random Soul"


This is a full circle moment for me.
One year ago my father passed away at age 59.
He had a moment before he died when he told me
he had been in a store and seen my book on a table.
He said he was so proud of me.

He was seeing the future as my book wasn't even put together yet. 
Not even close.

My book is written in his Memory . . .

I hope he can see it from Heaven.

I will have the first 250 copies in my hands by the end of next week.
This book contains my work from age 12 to age 39 and in some ways
tells the story of my life and people in my life through my poetry.

If any of you are interested in an autographed copy
please comment here and I will add you to a list.

Next . . .

An apology for my recent poetry . . .
. . . that seem to be more about tears than hugs.

But I guess just as my brand suggests . . .
 . . . tears are a part of life.

I've had some stress and some triggers that
have coaxed my fall into my past just a bit. 
But my poetry helps me breathe my way through it.

So ride this out with me and you'll see more positive, fun stuff.

And I hope, and have seen it true by your comments,
at these times I share my pain . . .
that our sadness relates . . . because we all have sadness.

We all have tears in a teacup. 
Sometimes our teacup overflows . . .
the tears become too much.
But we just keep on trucking . . .
because the hugs, they mean so much.

Thank you all for stopping by, for caring, and for sharing. 

And you for touching my heart and allowing me to touch yours.  

~Alaurilee~