They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Sunshine of Life

You feel the way my heart skips when I feel you near?
It's because you bring me joy and in my heart I hold you dear

I think of you quite often and a smile sweeps across my face.
I know you're one to count on in this magical life rat race.

Family, friend, loved one . . . all the same, I hold you dear.
You brighten my life so much and have me grinning from ear to ear.

Life can have those moments that may cut us like a knife,
but my dear family and friends, you are the sunshine of my life.

Even when all I can give are tears and thoughts of sadness,
your open arms and loving ways soon take away the madness.

Living near or living far, I hope you know I think you're sweet,
and I'm so glad we got the chance to have our hearts meet.

I know you're something special, kind of like the bright sunshine,
so thanks so much for stopping by, I know we'll have a very nice time.

~~~~

Inspired by my dear friend Heather at Heather-n-Company aka @just1heather on twitter . . .

I asked her to give me a prompt to inspire me and she said to use her sweet quote from her blog . . .   :)

           Heather-N-Company
                                "Where friends 'n family are the sunshine of life..."

Heather, you are a beautiful soul and I thought of you while I wrote this. I ended it almost like an assumed open invitation for these special people to visit our hearts anytime, because they are always welcome . . and truth be told, they live in our hearts so they are always here: visiting, loving, caring and being cared for.

Thank you for being a ray of sunshine in my life . . .  :)