They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Special Request: Vote for my small Biz for a Vistprint package

EDIT: My post was too late....voting is closed.... :(


I have entered a contest through Vistaprint for $10,000 business package.

This could really help me extend the reach of my current audience as well as give me the means to reach them.

Help me touch peoples lives....vote for me at:
http://www.1-800-vistaprint.com/contest/Alaurilee-Productions

Here's my submission:

Here's Why Alaurilee Productions Should Win

Why should you be selected as the winner?

I started Alaurilee Productions when I quit my corporate day job doing accounting in early 2010; to help my Father-in-law with my Mother-in-law who has Multiple Sclerosis; to help my husband who has Crohns Disease; and to pursue a new career doing what I love; writing, publishing poetry, publishing children's books and creating personalized magic in the form of gift products to touch the hearts of my clients and their recipients. After writing poetry for years I gathered a collection that I worked into my first book. I'm in the process of self-publishing that now. I also started creating custom poetry framed/shadowbox projects for weddings, births, deaths/memorials, anniversaries, graduations and other celebrations. I also make personalized Christmas Ornaments. I have dreamed of and practiced touching peoples lives my whole life. I need to go big with it now so that I may bring home my husband who travels for business. His Chronic Crohns disease is slowly eating away at him. The airplane stress & work stress are too much for his body. I hope you choose me and give me the chance to go big for my customers and my family and to help me touch peoples lives in a big way.

How do you impress your customers?

I impress my customers by taking their feelings and thoughts about something or someone and making poetry magic with it and touching their hearts. I create gifts that are priceless. I reach into their hearts and speak the language of their soul. And I help them share that with the ones who mean something to them. If the end of my life comes and I know I have touched someone in a profound way, or help them touch someone, then my job in life is complete. Until then I will work hard to continue dreaming big and working towards my goal to make my dreams a reality. My brand is "Serving Hugs on a Platter and Tears in a Teacup". Quite simply that means: Life hands you tears...always serve more hugs than tears. No matter what hardship life hands us, a smile and a hug go a long way in making things better.

How do you plan to use the prize package if you win?

I would use this package to promote my brand new baby business and to help me reach a larger market. My father died last year. During the last few months of his life due to health reasons, my Dad’s reality varied between the past, the present and the future. This is common for people near the end. I was blessed to spend time with him then. During one such moment he was describing to me how he and his wife had been on a recent trip and stumbled across a book in a store. He told me it was my book and he was so proud of me. That he knew I'd write a book someday. He was clearly seeing the future, as this book was not even ready to be published yet. He was also speaking from the heart of a Daddy who had faith in his daughter When my father died last year, I inherited enough to start to use my creativity to do something special with my life. Not much left to even afford to purchase items from your company although I'd love to. I'm now down to a wing and a prayer and lots of work and effort. Please pick me and allow me this opportunity to touch the lives of my customers in a big way.

What else should we know about your business?

My brand is "Serving Hugs on a Platter and Tears in a Teacup". Quite simply that means: Life hands you tears...always serve more hugs than tears. No matter what hardship life hands us, a smile and a hug go a long way in making things better. My company is active in being a Cancer warrior. Praying and supporting those who are fighting for their lives. This past year I participated in Cards4Cancer and helped make and distribute 250 cards using a custom poem I wrote and my brand. I would love to have my custom cards printed and distributed to help support those who need it. I have 1 book being published right now and am in the process of writing 3 children's books. I even purchased the software to create my own illustrations. I really would love the opportunity to share my dream with the world. Thank you for considering my company.

To Vote just click the link and share on twitter,
facebook or via email....
http://www.1-800-vistaprint.com/contest/Alaurilee-Productions

Thank you!!!!
*hugs*