They call me Alaurilee

My photo
I've been writing poetry from the age of 12. It has, and always will be my outlet, my voice. Join me on my journey . . . I can write about almost anything. :) ~ Life doesn't come with a shiny new book; no users manual of answers to find with one look. Life comes with doors that open and shut; and paths laid before us to be followed or passed up. There's things we can learn and things we may teach; hearts that may find us and souls we may reach. Guaranteed on this journey are teacups of tears; and pains that might hurt us may age us by years. But the beauty of life, love, laughter and giving; come from serving hugs on a platter each and every day we're living. ~

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Sea of Faith"



I fell into a sea of faith, love and divinity;
hope, strength and tranquility.

The cool calm waters quench my thirst,
filling my soul, I long for more.

I wandered through life for many years,
struggling with just what to believe.

My heart began to drift . . . I struggled to hold on,
rocking away on troubled waters, trying not to fall in.

Sometimes I'd slip, taking a dip;
struggling to swim.

One day my troubled waters
parted right in front of me.

Before me I saw . . . I thought . . . a mirage.
A beautiful tranquil sea.

But it was real; it was faith and hope,
blessed spirituality.

Healing washed all over me . . .
cleansing my soul of the pain and loss.

Cleansing my heart of guilt and regret,
forgiveness and a second chance.

For new beginnings . . .
floating today . . . in my new found sea of faith.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inspired by a twitter prompt:
"Sea of Faith"
From: @semaphore

1 comment:

  1. A tranquil variation on the 'sea of faith' theme from my poem "On the Verandah" (with echoes of "Dover Beach"). Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a hug!